Monday, May 18, 2009

Rosie's fun field trip


All the 4th graders were really privileged to be able to go on a field trip to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. They had to be at the school at 6:30 in the morning and would not get back until 6:30 in the evening. I was lucky enough to be a chaperon. Even though it was a very long day, it was a lot of fun. We spent about 3 hours at the aquarium, had our lunch and then went to the tide pools in Newport for the rest of the day. We were fortunate that the weather was very warm and sunny. One of my most favorite things about the day was to see the faces of the children that have never seen the ocean. It was so cool!!! On the way home we stopped at McDonald's and had cheese burgers. One of the best and definitely the longest field trip I've ever been on.



1 comment:

Tonya said...

That sounds like a great field trip. I can't wait until Blake starts doing that kind of stuff.

Hard to believe that kids that live here haven't seen the ocean. Must have been amazing for them. I'll never forget the first time I saw it.